Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Family Planning - a comprehensive service is available. Advice on contraception including the pill, coil, implant fitting, provision of free condoms and emergency contraception. Our doctors and nurses will be able to give you advice and treatment at a routine appointment.
- Antenatal Care - we provide routine ante-natal care with our Community Midwife on Tuesday mornings.
- Baby vaccinations - with our Practice Nurse.
- Vaccinations - routine and travel vaccinations for all ages are available during surgery times by appointment with our nurses. Travel vaccination may be recommended prior to travelling abroad. It may be necessary to start a course of injections several weeks before your planned departure date. Please see one of our Practice Nurses in sufficient time to organise your vaccination schedule. Travel vaccines are not provided by the NHS and there is a charge for this service. More information is available on the above tab.
- Flu vaccinations - we run flu vaccination clinics in October and November; please ask at reception for further information.
- Asthma - regular check-ups and advice from Practice Nurses on lifestyle, inhaler techniques and medication.
- Minor surgery - clinics are held at the practice for removal of certain skin lesions, in-growing toenails, joint injections etc. Appointments are arranged by the surgery
- Diabetic - we invite our patients with diabetes to attend for a review at least once a year. These clinics are held by Dr Orr and appointments are arranged by surgery.
- COPD - regular check-ups and advice from Practice Nurses on lifestyle, inhaler techniques and medication.
- Hypertension - our Healthcare Assistant undertakes regular blood pressure reviews, supported by our team of nurses and doctors.
- Cervical Screening - recommended for women aged 25-50 at 3 yearly intervals. From age 51-65 screening is 5 yearly. Patients receive recall letters by post and following their smear test will receive the result by post. Our Practice Nurses carry out cervical screening routinely and our female GPs are also trained as smear takers.